Course Director: Dr Shumontha Dev, Consultant in Emergency Medicine
Prior to attending the day you are required to complete an online review of trauma principles.
The simulation day will consist of review of the trauma network pathways and protocols through scenarios. Attendees will require knowledge of ATLS principles of managing the trauma patient.
You can find out more by looking at the Trauma Team Training presentation (PDF 782Kb).
The course has been developed by the trauma network but is delivered locally to train all those dealing with trauma in local trauma units.
This course is for all nurses and doctors that deal with trauma from all the relevant specialties, e.g. A&E, general surgery, orthopaedics.
Apart from nurses and doctors, allied healthcare professionals also need to be trained, e.g. radiographers, paramedics etc
- GSTT Staff – Free
- External NHS Band 4-6 – £175
- External NHS FY1-FY2, SHO, CT1-CT2, ST1-ST2, GP ST1-ST3 – £200
- External NHS ST3-ST8, Staff Grade – £ 225
- External NHS Band 7 – £225
- External NHS Band 8+, GP, Consultant – £275
- Private Hospital (Non-NHS) – £400
For further information:
Contact the Simulation Team or call 0207 188 4802