Nature of Course: Open to internal attendees
Course Director: Colette Laws-Chapman, Deputy Director for Simulation
The Nursing Assistant one-day course is for all Nursing Assistant staff supporting patients across the acute and community care pathways. It offers the chance to practise, in a safe environment, the real-life skills needed to care for patients whom we care for within the Trust settings.
This programme combines the use of low and high fidelity simulation techniques and allows you to explore how to safely care for and assess patients using ABCDE and SPAR. Topics covered will include:
- Detecting deterioration in the adult patient
- Communication in different situations
- How to escalate situations you require assistance with using SPAR
- Open to all Nursing and Support Staff
- To be announced
- Free to eligible attendees
Please contact the Simulation Team to register your interest.