Course Duration: One day
CPD Hours: 7 Hours
Delirium and Dementia can commonly affect patients seen across all aspects of healthcare. As such it is necessary to work collaboratively across institutional and organisational divides to provide healthcare that is centred around the patient and their carers.
This inter-professional simulation-based training course utilises immersive clinical scenarios facilitated by simulation experts to explore the safe management of delirium and dementia through a single patient’s journey. Delegates will have the opportunity to practice, in a safe environment, the skills required to safely assess and care for these patients in acute and community settings with a view to enhancing patient safety.
- To provide a framework for reviewing your working environment and its effect on the patient’s experience and their safety in relation to Human Factors
- To understand and appreciate colleagues and patients points of view, especially those experiencing delirium and/or dementia
- To enhance standards in treating patients with delirium and or dementia so that care is more person and carer focussed
After completing this course attendees will be able to:
- Describe the risk factors for and presentation of patients with delirium
- Demonstrate the use of CAM screening and the delirium bundle
- Explain the impact of a patient-centred approach on patient care in the context of dementia
This course is suitable for:
- All healthcare staff at all levels working across hospital and community settings
- To be announced