Course Duration: One Day
CPD Hours: 7 Hours
This inter-professional course utilises fully-immersive high-fidelity simulation to enhance essential skills for healthcare staff working across acute and community care settings. It provides participants the opportunity to practise, in a safe learning environment, the skills required to assess and safely care for the acutely deteriorating adult patient presenting with common and challenging clinical scenarios.
Through a combination of structured debriefing and expert advice, participants can reflect on how Human Factors can impact on patient safety.
- To increase the confidence of health professionals in recognising and managing acutely unwell adults
- To introduce inter-personal and cognitive Human Factor skills, including care and compassion, required to perform effectively in complex clinical situations
After completing this course attendees will be able to:
- Confidently assess an acutely unwell patient using an ABCDE approach
- Recognise and escalate acutely unwell adults through appropriate application of local systems
- Demonstrate components of effective communication with colleagues, such as the SBAR handover tool
- Understand the role Human Factor skills have in clinical practice
This course is suitable for
- Nurses, doctors and allied health professionals at all levels working within acute healthcare
- Healthcare workers who are returning from a career break from clinical practice will find this course particularly useful
- To be announced
- Please contact the Simulation Team for more information on course fees and to book a place on this course