Course Duration: One Day
CPD Hours: 7 Hours
This inter-professional simulation-based training course addresses the tracheostomy care bundle, national guidelines and the management of tracheostomy emergencies.
Conducted through a series of hands-on workshops, mini lectures, and immersive clinical scenarios facilitated by simulation experts, each delegate will have the opportunity to practise managing emergency tracheostomy situations in a safe learning environment.
- To improve clinical knowledge of managing tracheostomy emergencies
- To recognise all elements of the tracheostomy care bundle, and implement this into your future practices
- To provide a framework for reviewing your working environment and its effect on the patient experience and their safety in relation to Human Factors
After completing this course attendees will be able to:
- Demonstrate and perform safe routine tracheostomy care
- Establish and maintain a safe environment for patients with a tracheostomy
- Safely manage common tracheostomy emergencies
- To be announced
For more information please see the or contact the Simulation team on 0207 188 4802 or email the Simulation Team