Nature of Course: Open to employees of Health Education South London only
Course Director: SaIL Centre in collaboration with Palliative Care Team
One chance to get it right: Equipping senior health professionals for the challenges of caring for patients approaching the end of life. The aim of the course is to increase the confidence of senior health professionals to lead difficult decision making surrounding end of life care and communicate well with patients and those important to them.
The course will consider when decision making is needed, look into the current law and ethics regarding do not resuscitate orders, will assess the priorities for care of the dying person and aim to improve the communication between hospital and community settings.
- Consultants from general/acute medicine, elderly care, ITU, oncology, renal, respiratory, cardiac and stroke medicine.
- Also open to Consultants in ED, colorectal and vascular surgeons
- ST5 and above in the above named specialities
- GPs and year 3 GP registrars
- Band 6 and above Nurses working in Medicine, Oncology, ITU, Cancer and cancer surgery and ED.
- Community matrons and district nurses
- Senior AHPs
- To be announced
- Free of charge to eligible attendees.
Please email Simulation team for more information.