Approved by the Royal College of Emergency Medicine for 6 CPD credits
Course Director: Mrs Colette Laws-Chapman – Simulation Lead for Non-Medical Staff and Miss Lucy Brock – Physiotherapist/Clinical Educator in Simulation
Outline: One day multidisiplinary course. Using the latest in simulation technology and based upon the latest guidelines and evidence you will learn from the experts in the field of NIV. You will learn how to initiate, manage, trouble shoot, and escalate NIV in the emergency and acute environment. Learn from lectures, hands on workshops and high fidelity simulation.
- To understand the scientific principles of respiratory failure.
- To understand the principles and function of NIV.
- To recognise both the indications and contraindications for NIV.
- To be safely able to prescribe, set up, and trouble shoot NIV
- To recognise the limitations of NIV.
- To learn basic principles of Human Factors in healthcare.
- Band 6+ Physiotherapists
- Band 6+ Nurses
- ST1 Doctors to Consultants
- High Dependency or Emergency Staff with Respiratory Patients
- To be announced
- GSTT Staff – Free
- External NHS Non-Medical Band 6 – £175
- External NHS ST3-ST8, Staff Grade – £225
- External NHS Band 7 – £225
- External NHS Band 8+, GP, Consultant – £275
- Private Hospital (Non-NHS) – £400
For further information:
Contact the Simulation Team or call 0207 188 4802