This suite of courses is for staff and teams who wish to become simulation faculty. The programme runs over a 6 month cycle and is run 4 times a year. It consists of 4 essential courses and 4 further courses which are for those looking to become advanced casino canada faculty or those with specialist interests. The 4 essential courses must be completed with 12 months from starting the programme. The 4 higher level courses should be completed within 24 months of starting the programme.
In addition to these formal training opportunities faculty are required to take part in a programme of reflective practise and episodes of debrief of their debrief. For those on the expert programme as well as the courses offered they is a set of requirements in research and debriefing. Further details of the additional requirements for all programmes are available once an individual is enrolled in the programme.
Essential simulation programme
- Introduction to simulation (2 days)
- Essential debriefing (2 days)
- Introduction to Human factors (1 day)
- How to teach the skills of the Circle of Care (1 day)
Advanced simulation programme
- Advancing in situ simulation (1 day)
- Debriefing in clinical settings (1 day)
- Advancing your debriefing (1 day)
Expert simulation programme
- CMS Simulation as a teaching tool (4 days)
- Research skills in simulation (1 day)