Course Duration: One day
Start Time: 08:45 End Time: 16:30
This Course is designed to improve identification of patients with complex care needs and long term conditions. The course aims to:
- Raise awareness of the concept of frailty and its importance.
- Help raise awareness of strategies and support services that will allow for care in the community when appropriate.
- Raise awareness of the importance of collaborative working especially when a patient has cognitive impairment.
- Highlight the importance of compassionate care for frail older patients.
- Stress the importance of involving patients, families and carers in decision making.
- Improve the candidates’ ability to plan a safe and timely discharge as well as follow up, and emphasise its importance.
Who is the Course for?
This course has been designed for GP VTS, Medical and Geriatric Registrars, SALT, PT, OT, Band 6 Nurses, CMT trainees, Discharge Coordinators, Community Psychiatry Core Trainees, social workers; foundation, surgical and ortho-geriatric doctors.
- To be announced
*Please note that this course is only open to staff employed at NHS Trusts in South London
There is no charge to participants.
For further information:
Contact the Simulation Team or call 0207 188 4802