An inter-professional Clinical Simulation course which uses an interactive Human Patient Simulator (computer-controlled whole body manikin which speaks, breathes, has audible heart and lung sounds etc.) to learn, practice and deliver clinical care in a ‘close to real’ environment. The course will focus on five acute scenarios. Each scenario is followed by a video-assisted debrief. There will be a further presentation on human factors and patient safety.
- Recognition and management of acute deterioration in a Stroke Patient
- To explore some of the core issues of Non-Technical Skills (NTS)
- To provide a framework for reviewing your working environment alongside human factors, and its effect on patient safety
- Please note that no new clinical information is taught on this course and it is a prequisite that nursing attendees have expereience in HASU nursing.
- 1 full training day per course
- 12 participants per course (maximum 6 doctors and 6 nurses)
- NHS London staff
- Band 5 Stroke Ward Nurses
- Junior Doctors (Foundation Trainees or Core Medical Trainees)